Welcome to Hayden's Ferry Review! Before submitting, please check out the info below (it's important, we promise!).
General Submissions - no theme this issue! We're just looking for your best work.
Currently reading for: Hayden’s Ferry Review, Issue 59
Please submit below.
A Note on the Reading Fee
We know the $3.00 reading fee might be a pain, but we hope that you will rest assured knowing all money we receive goes toward supporting HFR's continued success as a supportive environment for our contributors. We all want to thank you for your trust in sending us your work. You make HFR an incredible literary magazine to read, and to work for! We aim to keep producing a beautiful magazine featuring new and exciting prose and poetry by today's best writers.
General Notes on Submission (or withdrawal)
- Please send one submission per genre at a time, and wait for a response before you submit additional work.
- Withdraw your submission using Submittable. if you are only withdrawing a section of your work (for example: 2/5 poems), add a note to your submission.
- We generally do not accept prose over 25 pages.
- Contributors receive one copy of the issue in which they appear. Additional copies may be purchased for $6 each.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome. If your work is accepted elsewhere, please notify the editors immediately.
- We do not accept previously published material.
- We do not consider book-length works.
- Submitters are strongly encouraged to read the journal before submitting: to subscribe, visit http://hfr.clas.asu.edu/store.
About HFR's Editorial Process
PLEASE NOTE: We no longer accept submissions by mail or email. We will only review work that has been received through Submittable.
The editorship at HFR changes at the beginning of each year, and as a result, our aesthetic changes every few issues. Our current editors can be found on our masthead.
HFR editors do not read during June and July—because our staff is very small, our response time is currently 2-6 months. We don't like to rush through the reading; we give each piece significant time.
For information about submitting in a particular genre, see below.
We look forward to reading your work!