Hayden's Ferry Review is the international literary journal out of Arizona State University.
General Notes on Submission (or withdrawal)
- Please send one submission per genre at a time, and wait for a response before you submit additional work.
- Withdraw your submission using Submittable. if you are only withdrawing a section of your work (for example: 2/5 poems), add a note to your submission.
- We generally do not accept prose over 25 pages.
- Contributors receive one copy of the issue in which they appear. Additional copies may be purchased for $6 each up to 5 copies.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome. If your work is accepted elsewhere, please notify the editors immediately.
- We do not accept previously published material.
- We do not consider book-length works.
- Submitters are strongly encouraged to read the journal before submitting: to subscribe, visit http://hfr.clas.asu.edu/store.
- We are always open to submissions of visual art and translations.
PLEASE NOTE: We no longer accept submissions by mail. We will only review work that has been received through Submittable.
A Note on the Reading Fee
We know the $3.00 reading fee might be a pain, but we hope that you will rest assured knowing the money we receive goes toward supporting HFR's continued success as a supportive environment for our contributors. We all want to thank you for your trust in sending us your work.
We are waiving our reading fee for Black writers.
To submit, please send your poetry, fiction, or nonfiction, to hfr AT asu.edu, where it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor. Note that submissions received via email which are outside the current submission period, or do not suit the current call(s) or current guidelines, will not receive a response. If you have questions concerning this policy, please email us at the above address.
A note on accessibility: It has come to our attention that Submittable may not be accessible to visually impaired writers. HFR is committed to accessibility and wants to receive submissions from all writers equally. If you are a visually impaired writer who is currently unable to submit via Submittable due to accessibility issues, you may send your submission as an attachment in .pdf format to hfr AT asu.edu. Note that submissions received via email which are outside the current submission period, or do not suit the current call(s) or current guidelines, will not receive a response. If you have questions concerning this policy, please email us at the above address.
We are looking for visual art in all categories.
Please submit 5-8 pieces at a time. We may ask for additional art based on this submission. We do not accept work that has been previously published elsewhere.
Upon acceptance, we will request high res files, an author's bio, and an artist's statement. We publish art in full color, often selecting between 2 and 4 artists for each issue. One of these will receive cover credit and bookmark credit.